Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Reunion

I want to make a couple comments about my reunion last week. It was such a fun week! I was there from July 25 to August 1, and it was one of the most relaxing, pleasant weeks of my life. What made it really awesome were the people and the activities:


Kate and Rachel Call, Alyssa Peterson, and I are the older single girl cousins, and we had some fun times this past week!






Kate Call























Rachel Call


















Alyssa Peterson



A bunch of us went to Silverwood, a roller coaster park/water park in Idaho. We drove three hours, road the rides, ate food, walked around, laughed, took pictures, got rained on, and drove home.

Ben Call; Vanessa, Sara, and Valerie Garrett; and me!


These are some of the next generation: My cousins' children. The little girls all put their hair up in sponge curlers and they were so adorable! One of them kept saying, "I look like Shirley Temples!"

Back: Ruth Thomas, Olivia Warnick, and Ashly Flint
Front: Leah and Mercy Thomas

Another fun time: I was walking home one evening with my niece Taylor. It was starting to get dark, and we were walking next to a yard with a lot of trees and bushes blocking our view. We heard something squeaky, like a bicycle. I told her that it reminded me of a scary story. Really, I just wanted an excuse to tell a scary story, because I thought it would be fun to try to scare Taylor. So I made up a story about a babysitter who lost one of the children to a bicyclist.

One last pleasant memory: The last night, I slept outside of the tent, and the wind was blowing over me. It was a warm wind, and it blew through the leaves in a beautiful rustling noise. It made me wish that I could always sleep outside. What a wonderful reunion it was!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I really wish I could've gone to that! It looks like so much fun.

Geneil said...

So are we still planning another one next year (or, at least, soon!) so that the rest of us can come too?

I love these pictures!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if we're having one, but I hope so! If I'm out of the country I won't be able to attend, but I think that the fam should get together as often as possible.