Friday, October 3, 2008

Two Good Things - Part V - Presidential Blurb for Grasshoppers

Our prompt tonight was to write a two minute speech (as if we were a presidential candidate) about our favorite cookie and why it was the best. These were hilarious, and we were talking politics all night!


Well, I would have to say that Grasshoppers are the best cookies out there. They are the perfect blend of mint and chocolate, and besides that, they have a crispy crunch that satisfies. I firmly believe that eating Grasshopper cookies makes you a better person!

Now, some people might try to dissuade you from eating Grasshoppers. They might say that Grasshoppers are too sweet to eat. I say no! No, they are not too sweet! No, they are not too fattening! We should all strive together for a country where a cookie will be judged, not by the content of its ingredient list, but by the rich flavors of chocolate and mint. A country where all will be free at last...to eat Grasshoppers.


On a side note, the breezy weather was absolutely gorgeous tonight. Jonny and I went on a nice walk, and it was cool enough to feel very comfortable in a sweatshirt. The fall is coming!

7 comments:

Geneil said...

Well, you've got my vote. Hooray for Grasshoppers! :-) And hooray for real fall weather! Down here it was cold enough the other night that we didn't sleep with the fan on for the whole night! Still haven't brought the quilt back out, though... still too hot for anything but a sheet. And it's October. *laughing sigh* There are definitely some things I miss about living farther north.

Kristen said...

You are soooooo right. Grasshoppers are the best! I love anything mint and chocolatey...though I have to say I think a tie with grasshoppers would be those chocolate covered mint oreos. MMMmmmmmmmm. We actually are having fall weather here too...poor Geneil...you both will just have to come visit us!

Alisha Weston said...

Talking politics- Isn't crazy that you can promote something that really doesn't have any validity. But yes mint and chocolate- great combo.--- If any of you are hot, just spend a day with me and you'll be frozen. I do have my quilt and sweatshirt out.

Alexandria said...

No problem. Feel free to use the cow :)

Erin said...

Here Here....well said Wacky. Although I'm partial to ELFudge, double stuff

Megan said...

Haha! You're such great writer. I love your style! Hope all is well with you!

Anonymous said...

The other tie would be Girl Scout Thin Mints, but Grasshoppers are also my original favorite!!
Love ya!