Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Random Thoughts

This morning I got up to campus earlier than I HAD to be, because I had to prepare for a presentation in class today. The sun was shining on the southeast faces of Timp, and it made me so happy to start the day!

I've been busy, busy, busy getting this project done, so I was inside most of the day. When I finally finished class, I wandered around a bit, getting various things done. I liked being outside because it has turned into quite a windy day. The breeze kept touching my face and hair.

The wind made me think about the vibrations I was hearing that were caused by the wind (I've had all kinds of weird thoughts about vibrations ever since I started my phonetics class.), and it made me wonder: If there was wind around me, but I was in a place where there was nothing for the wind to move, and it was just the wind moving past my ears, would I hear anything? And then I thought about it some more and came to the conclusion that I would because of the change of air pressure inside my ear from the wind going past.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yes, darling, that is a very random thought