Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blast from the Past

I was tagged by Lori...as one of the people who stalk her blog!

1. Did you date someone from your school? Nope. I wasn't too much of a dater then. I went on dates, but never had a boyfriend until college.

2. What kind of car did you drive? Volkswagon Golf. Lucy! She was red, and such a cute little 5-speed. Sad day, there was an accident and she didn't survive the crash.

3. Were you a party animal? No. I liked hanging out with friends, but sometimes preferred to read... :)

4. Were you considered a flirt? Nope. I didn't know how to act around guys! Hence, my answer to number 1.

5. Were you in band, orchestra or choir? I was in choir. I loved it! We had some good times, crazy inside jokes, and I loved the sound of a really good choir singing together. And I liked our trip to Disneyland!

6. Were you on any varsity teams? No. I ran cross country and track, though, and really enjoyed those sports. I was just good enough that I occasionally beat my own personal times. Not much of a speedster. But I like to run for the way it makes me feel rather than the speed.

7. What was your school's full name? Flagstaff High School.

8. School mascot? The Eagles.

9. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No. There's a time and a season for high school, and a time and a season for now. I liked a lot of my experiences in high school, and I liked my friends, but I like even better who I am and the people that I associate with now.

10. What do you remember most about graduation? When we lined up to begin filing down onto the dome floor, my stomach started to go crazy. I didn't feel nauseous, but my stomach was pinching in weird places...almost like I was really hungry. I've never experienced anything like that because of nerves, before or since graduation. Don't know what that was. And then, the other thing I remember was that Jess Koehn had been jumping on a trampoline at a party the night before, and he bit through his bottom lip. I remember thinking that I would be so disappointed if I had to take graduation pictures with a swollen lower lip like that.

11. Were you in any clubs? I was in the National Honors Society, and the Speech and Debate team. And my senior year I did Science Olympiad.

12. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Yeah, I would love to go. I think it will be interesting to see where people are at that point in their lives.

I tag Emily and Benjamin, Alisha, Ginger, and Megan...or anyone else who wants to do it.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I totally remember that about Jess! In fact, I have a picture taken with him at graduation with his huge lip. Poor guy :( But fun memories!