Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mercy, Mercy, Mercy

That's the title of a song I heard played tonight at The Muse. It was written by Joe Zawinul for Julian "Cannonball" Adderley for his album Mercy, Mercy, Mercy! Live at "The Club". Wow! That was good jazz! It was good just to sit and listen to the jazz, to be able to jive in my seat and think my thoughts, and be happy. The tenor and alto sax, the drums, the bass guitar, and the keyboard sounded so good together. All of them did solos at one point or another, and they were really good. I went with Alanna Allen, a former mission companion of mine, and her sister Alise, who's entering the MTC tomorrow to serve her mission in Tennessee! Alanna knew several members of the band, so I got to meet some of them; the drummer Matt, the bass guitarist Matt, and the saxiphonist Jorey. I liked the atmosphere, I liked the company, and I liked the jazz. Good times.

No comments: