Sunday, October 19, 2008

You're it!

No Two Good Things this week. It was canceled. But I do have this tag from an email my dad sent. You share your list of recent woes, joys, adventures, challenges, accomplishments, and failures, in no particular order.

Joy: I am in a wonderful relationship right now! I'm dating this guy named Jonny. We've been dating a little over a month now, and we've had a lot of fun together. He's from Spokane, WA. We met in our ward. We spend time together everyday, and it's the highlight of my day.

Woe: I don't have enough time! I should say, I sometimes feel a little overwhelmed with how many things I have to do with my time. I have classes, and work, and volunteering, and Jonny! But I've talked to Mom quite a bit about this, and I'm starting to feel like there are some things that I can do to make my time more productive. I've also started asking Jonny to do homework with me so that we can spend time together AND get things done! So things are working out.

Failure: I still have a sense of failure when I don't get everything done that I want to. I am trying to tell myself that some things just need to be cut out and that it's okay, but I have been and probably still am a perfectionist (you told me so, Dad) and some of those tendencies are hard to give up. I want to do well in school my last semester!

Accomplishment: I am graduating in December. Besides having served a mission for a year and a half, I'd have to say that this is the biggest accomplishment of my life so far. I am so looking forward to it. I know that it will represent years of my life, not only working hard at school and grades, but also the fun and growing experiences I've had here at BYU. What a thing to look back on with satisfaction!

Adventure: I found a job for after I graduate!! Yes, I'm going to have a real job! So, the funny thing is that it's really at the office that I work in now, but I'm going to be paid more, and I'm going to be working on more language related projects which I haven't been working on. So this experience will actually be helpful on my resume, rather than just being a nice paying secretary job, like it has been. I am adventuring into adulthood!!!

Challenge: Because I have decided to stay in Provo, I'm now looking for housing for January. I actually need a place to live starting at the end of November because my roommate is getting married, and for some reason she and her then husband won't want me living here with them! Curious... So I'm looking for a place to stay, preferably not too expensive. I have a couple of leads of places I can stay in the same area I'm living now so that I can still attend the same congregation. Hopefully that works out.

I am tagging Xan, Emily and Benjamin, and Alisha.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Maybe you should marry Johnny, then you'll have a place to stay! LOL! I know, I'm scandalous! See ya at 2 Good Things this Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Hannah, do YOU have a blog? If you do, I'd like to be invited to it...So I can get on there and say embarrassing things about you!! Haha! See you on Thursday!

Bob Pack said...

You could stay at our house after you move out in November. It would be pretty cheap (free)--but of course it does take you away from the love of your life.

Dad

Geneil said...

Oh good, yes, do your homework together. (And dishes.) We still love to sit at opposite ends of the couch and read with our feet together. That's what having your favorite companion around is all about, as you know--working together as well as playing together. It's the best thing ever! And a perfect way to build an enduring friendship. (I know you know all of this, sorry, just rambling...)

Also, HOORAY for finding a good job you're excited about for after graduation!! That will be so dang fun... I am actually a little envious. It would've been nice to work at BYU a little longer after we graduated! :-)

Kristen said...

You already have a job--I am so impressed with you!! And...I think we need to see more Jonny pictures. ;)

Natalie said...

You can come sleep on our couch! Although, Philip goes out there if he's having a hard time sleeping . . .which is like every night. So, that could get a little awkward. We do have 2 small storage closets though, and I'm sure you're small enough to curl up in one of those. It'd be like having your own room!