Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I know I'm a nerd. But I can't wait for school to start!

My number one reason that I can't wait for school to start is that by then I'll be married! I'm getting married 11 days before Dave's semester starts, and 16 days before my semester starts. I'm hoping to use those extra days after I get married and before school starts to get all of the necessary stuff done to change my name. I'd like all of that process to be finished by the time I start school again.

My number two reason that I can't wait for school to start is that I love learning! I have always found my Linguistics and TESOL classes to be very interesting, and now I'm going to be studying those topics or working in that area pretty much all day long! This month the lesson just for all of the women in my church was about life-long learning, and it got me so excited to go back to school!

My number three reason that I can't wait for school to start is that I'll start new. I like starting new things, and I really love it when I can change up my activities after a while. I've been working for 8 months, and it's definitely time that I started something new. And not only will I be in a new semester in a new program. I'll be starting a new job!

My number four reason that I can't wait for school to start is my new job! I've been hired to work at the English Language Center on BYU campus. I'll be working as an intern/assistant to a director at the ELC, and I'll be working on some language assessment materials. This is very different from my current job at the NMELRC, and it will give me some very valuable experience in my professional field.

My number five reason that I can't wait for school to start is that it just makes me happy!

2 comments:

Jolena said...

not to burst your bubble of hope on getting your name changed before school starts, but you can't start the process until you have your marriage certificate in hand, and they take about 3 weeks to mail it to you. Just thought I'd let you know. Oh, and when you get started, go get your new social security card first. Then you can get your license which helps you get everything else. Good luck and I'm so excited to come to your reception in Utah!

Anonymous said...

Jo, I'm so glad that you made that comment! I was about to respond with all of the stuff that I'd found out from the courthouse in Coconino county, and say "So, ha! I can too!" Then, it made me curious, and I realized that Snowflake is in a different county than I thought! Yoy saved me some hassle!